Sales: 206.243.0700 Service: 206.243.0700 Parts: 206.243.0700
15025 1st Ave So, Burien, WA 98148

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

DIY Toyota Sports Car?

Would you build Toyota sports car yourself? How about as a project with your children?

Sounds like a pretty awesome bonding experience. Toyota recently unveiled the Toyota Camatte57s at the Tokyo Toy Show. It is an electric sports car that takes DIY to a whole new level (I'm sure it will be all the rage on Pinterest in about two weeks).

Check out a video of the Toyota Camatte57s HERE.

"The three-seat car features interchangeable body panels that can be mixed and matched to create the tiny little roadster of your dreams."

Apparently, the idea behind it is to increase enthusiasm for cars among young people. And, you know what? I think it's brilliant. I'm not the working-on-the-car-type (I'd rather take it to Burien Toyota for any maintenance or repairs), but if it were possible for me to a build a car for my kids that they could actually drive, I'd be all over that. And I can guarantee they would want to help every step of the way and the fact that they would get to drive the fruits of their labor would probably turn them into car lovers...or at least car appreciators.

The article states that Toyota has no plans to put the Toyota Camatte57 into production, but I think we should change that! Perhaps we should start a letter writing campaign...or just leave a comment below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

© 2012-2018 Burien Toyota
15025 1st Avenue South, Burien, WA 98148